Special Assessment Conditions (SAC)
Learn about Special Assessment Conditions (SAC), which provide extra help for approved students when they are being assessed.
|Level of compliance||Main audience||Other|
Choosing to apply Special Assessment Conditions can enable approved students to have a fair opportunity to achieve NCEA credits.
- Guidelines for heads of learning support or those in similar roles
- e-learning module for reader/writers
- Applying for SAC including timeframes
- Further information
This Providing effective assessment assistance(external link) guide is for heads of learning support or those in similar roles, to assist with designing school practices to support effective assessment of all students.
This self-paced online module being an effective assessment assistant(external link) introduces the reader/writers to the key skills, roles and responsibilities of the role in formal assessments.
|Note: Use Internet Explorer or Edge to access the online module. Using Chrome as your internet browser may mean to access the module, you need to unblock Adobe Flash Player.|
SAC can include the use of a writer or reader, computer, rest breaks, Braille or enlarged papers.
- Schools need to apply for special assessment conditions on behalf of their students.
- New applicants need to apply in October for the following year.
- Rollover and change applications apply in February for that year.
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback