Information in this section will help schools support students who are entering, returning to or leaving the New Zealand school system.
- Services Academies is a one-year programme run within secondary schools in collaboration with the New Zealand Defence Force.
- The programme is aimed at Year 12 and Year 13 students who are at risk of disengaging from education and who would benefit from a disciplined programme that will motivate and challenge them.
- The key objectives of Services Academies is to support students to improve their NCEA qualifications, and to develop students’ leadership and life skills.
Contact a Services Academies school for more information about the programme.
Information for schools: current status of the Services Academies programme and process to register your interest
- Funding for the Services Academies programme is currently fully allocated and the Ministry will not be expanding the number of Services Academies in 2019.
- If your school wishes to register its interest in running the Services Academies’ programme email us with the name and contact details for your school’s contact person. You should also include a brief description about why your school wants to run the programme.
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback