Special Assessment Conditions (SAC)
Special Assessment Conditions (SAC) provide extra help for approved students when they are being assessed for their NCEA (National Certificate Educational Achievement) allowing them a fair opportunity to achieve credits. New guidelines are now available to help heads of learning support design school practices to support effective assessments of all students. There is also an online module for reader writers.
- Guidelines for heads of learning support or those in similar roles
- e-learning module for reader/writers
- Applying for SAC including timeframes
- Further information
This guide is for heads of learning support or those in similar roles, to assist with designing school practices to support effective assessment of all students.
- Download the guide - Providing effective assessment assistance (external link)
This self-paced online module introduces the reader/writers to the key skills, roles and responsibilities of the role in formal assessments.
- Access the online module - being an effective assessment assistant (external link)
SAC can include the use of a writer or reader, computer, rest breaks, Braille or enlarged papers.
- You need to apply for special assessment conditions on behalf of your students. Go to the NZQA's guidelines for further information and to make an application (external link) .
- New applicants need to apply in October for the following year.
- Rollover and change applications apply in February for that year.
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback