All children aged between 5 and 19 can enrol in a state school if they are a domestic student or an approved exchange student. Check domestic enrolment requirements and using ENROL to update student information.
- Circular 2012/01 Eligibility to enrol, will help you check if a student is eligible to enrol
- There are special critieria for adult students wanting to enrol in mainstream secondary education
- enrolling students, as domestic students, who are living unlawfully in New Zealand
- Go to enrolment schemes (zones) information
Find out about the recent changes to ENROL. Changes include helping schools to keep track of English Language students, and that "Known as" name will be shown in reports.
ENROL is a register of student enrolments. It lets you update enrolments as students enrol, change schools or leave the school system. Vision and hearing technicians also use ENROL to enter results of vision and hearing tests into the system.
Privacy information for all users of ENROL
Access the ENROL register
Detailed information on how to get access to ENROL and how to logon to ENROL is available on the School Applications website (external link) .
School ENROL users - guide or manuals
- Guide to using ENROL
- Principal or school administrator ENROL Manual [PDF, 383 KB]
- School Users ENROL Manual [PDF, 2.6 MB]
DHB ENROL users - guide, manual and form
- Guide to Using ENROL - DHB Users
- Vision and hearing technician go to the Enrol Manual for DHB users [PDF, 800 KB]
- ENROL New DHB user form [DOC, 111 KB]
- For parents - download the Electronic information about your child [DOCX, 141 KB]
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback