Te Akatea NZ Māori Principals' Association
Te Akatea provides support in the areas of Achievement Māori education, leadership and community and whānau engagement. Schools leaders don't have to be members to access this support.
Te Akatea enhances the educational opportunities of all Māori learners in any education setting and its principals speak on all Māori Education issues.
Te Akatea provides support for all educational stakeholders around matters concerning Māori learners. Most major regions have Aka (regional groups) that meet regularly to plan PLD and support each other around leadership issues within all school mediums. The support includes:
- The Te Akatea website (external link) has the contact details for the president and other executive members.
Te Akatea Māori Principals' Association
Hoana Pearson – President
Myles Ferris – Vice-President
George Ihimaera - Secretary
021 066 4152
021 779 270
021 180 9911
- You can also get informal and ongoing support through your local Aka executive roopu.
- Regional Aka
- New Zealand Principals' Federation
- Auckland Primary Principals' Association
- New Zealand Educational Institute
- New Zealand Educational Institute Principals' Council
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback