Post Primary Teachers' Association (PPTA)
The PPTA can help with health and safety, human resources, achievement Māori education, leadership and legal issues. You need to be a member to access their services.
PPTA contributes to secondary and technical education by supporting its members individually and collectively, and by affirming and advancing Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
- Regional Field Officers specialise in employment issues but can also assist with other issues.
- National Office Advisory Officers have expertise in all facets of secondary education.
- Workshops in areas including: appraisal and attestation, health and safety, change management, EEO and human rights obligations, Treaty of Waitangi training, timetabling, teacher relationships with students, leadership training (courses for principals and staff trustees).
- Secondary Principals’ Council can provide confidential support to other principals and a committee of senior managers who can also support schools in difficulty.
- Contact the regional field offices (external link)
- For membership enquiries use the online form (external link) .
- Te Huarahi (national body of Māori teachers)
- Komiti Pasifika
- ICT advisory committee
- Rainbow teachers
- Earthquake Recovery Taskforce
- Network of establishing teachers
- Senior positions advisory committee
- PPTA women’s network
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback