Education Review Office (ERO)
ERO provides support and information about internal and external evaluations. This support is available to all.
ERO evaluates and reports on the quality of education and care of children and young people in early childhood services and schools.
An ERO review looks at how a school reaches positive learning outcomes for all children and young people. Its reviews provide an opportunity to identify what’s working well and areas for improvement.
School evaluation indicators: effective practice for improvement and learner success
The School Evaluation Indicators (external link) resource identifies six domains that research shows have the greatest influence on school effectiveness and improvement.
ERO workshops to support improvement/capability building
These workshops help leaders, teachers and boards of trustees to:
- understand the Indicators better
- know how to use the Indicators to improve student outcomes.
ERO internal evaluation workshops
These workshops help schools to build capability and better understand the relationship between external and internal evaluation.
Schools can request a workshop by contacting their local ERO office. ERO can recommend a workshop as part of the review process.
ERO publishes national evaluation reports (external link) on specific education topics, using evidence gathered during the review process. The topics chosen for national evaluations reflect current issues.
- Email – General queries or publication requests can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- ERO’s regional offices (external link) provide support and review information to local early childhood services and schools.
- ERO’s website (external link) – for school and early childhood services review reports, national evaluations, information about review processes, and parent booklets
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback