Interim Response Fund (IRF)
This fund is available to keep students engaged in learning following a significantly challenging behavioural event. It gives funding for a short term response while a more comprehensive intervention plan is devised.
How to apply for the fund
Schools need to ring their local ministry office after such an event to see if this fund is the right support for their situation. If it's agreed that interim support funding is the appropriate support:
- The School completes the application over the phone
- Once approval has been given, a confirmation email is sent to the school.
- Once the school replies to that email, payment is processed
Some examples of when support from the IRF has been requested
- Because of the student’s behaviour it’s likely that the student or other students or staff at the school will be harmed if the situation is not immediately addressed, contained or stabilised.
- Students, school staff, families or community are distressed or shaken.
- School leadership/the Principal have used all school based resources, strategies and expertise and are unable to manage the event.
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback