Running a hostel
The Education (Hostel) Regulations 2005 provide for:
- licensing of hostels
- minimum standards for hostel premises and a code for management practices
The Ministry of Education is the Hostel Licensing Authority. All hostel owners must now be licensed to operate.
- Hostel application forms - Application forms under the Education (Hostels) Regulations 2005
- List of hostel licence holders - Details of licensed hostels along with location
- Regulations and guidelines - The regulations came into force on 1 March 2005
- Government boarding bursary information and criteria - The Government Boarding Bursary Scheme has been superceded by the boarding allowances scheme.
- Complaints procedure [DOC, 26 KB]
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback