Secondary Teachers' Collective Agreement
Download this agreement
If you want a printed copy of this agreement we suggest you download the following PDF version.
Secondary Teachers' Collective Agreement [PDF, 956 KB]
Note that documents are available in Adobe PDF format only. Accessible versions, where available, can be supplied on request.
Licensing Criteria Cover
Appendix F: Resource Teachers Learning and Behaviour (RTLB)
Secondary Teachers' Collective Agreement
Effective: 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2022
We are making improvements to our Download to Print functionality, so if you want a printed copy of this agreement please download the PDF version of the Secondary Teachers' Collective Agreement.
1.1 The following provisions shall apply to RTLB in regard to the 2011 reorganisation of the RTLB Service to deal with the formation of new clustering arrangements and to provide an orderly process to retain employment opportunities.
For the purpose of the clauses below:
- A ‘lead school employer’ is a school in a new or transformed cluster which has taken on the role of employing all RTLB within the new cluster.
- A ‘ceasing school employer’ is a school that is ceasing to receive cluster resourcing for the RTLB they currently employ and which is therefore disestablishing existing RTLB positions.
1.2 When the new lead school employer is identified, and where it is not the current employing school, the ceasing school employer shall write to each RTLB it employs giving notice of disestablishment of her/his position from 27 January 2012.
1.3 Concurrently the new lead school employer will write to all permanent RTLB in ceasing employing schools in the transformed cluster and offer her/him an equivalent RTLB position in the transformed cluster.
1.4 Where an RTLB accepts the offer from the lead school employer s/he shall be appointed to that position, subject to the provisions below.
RTLB who accept a position with a new lead school employer shall:
- Transfer on to a base salary step no less than currently received.
- Retain additional permanent unit(s) and/or management allowances allocated by the current employer under clauses 4.3 and 4.3A of the STCA for one year from the date of commencement with the new employer whilst the RTLB continues to hold an RTLB position in the new cluster.
- Retain additional fixed term unit(s) and/or management allowances allocated by the current employer under clauses 4.3 and 4.3A of the STCA for the lesser of the term of the appointment agreed or for a maximum of one year whilst the RTLB continues to hold an RTLB position in the new cluster.
- Retain payments made under the High Priority Teacher Supply Allowance (clause 4.13) or the Staffing Incentive Allowance (clause 4.12) as long as they continue to be located in the school which attracts such allowances.
- Retain continuous service for leave purposes.
- Permanent RTLB who decline the offer of employment from the lead school employer shall be deemed to be in disestablished positions and the normal surplus staffing entitlements in 3.9.4 shall apply except that, for the avoidance of doubt, the parties agree that;
- those provisions pertaining to school mergers or closures shall not apply, and;
- 3.9(2)(e) does not apply.
- The requirements relating to the refund of severance payments in clause 3.9.4(3)(f) and 3.9.4(4)(d) shall apply to RTLB taking up fixed term employment as well as permanent employment.
1.6 RTLB shall notify their ceasing employer and the new lead school employer of their decision to accept or decline the new position no later than 21 November 2011 and, if they decline it, which option they have chosen no later than 27 January 2012.
1.7 Any position remaining unfilled after this process will be part of a normal appointment process (clause 3.2 of this Agreement refers).
1.8 RTLB who are or who become housed in host schools which attract the HPTSA or the staffing incentive allowance, shall also be entitled to such allowances, provided that these allowances are not payable in respect of both the lead and host school.
1.9 For the purposes of this variation those RTLB employed in a fixed term position which will extend beyond 28 January 2012 will be offered employment to an equivalent RTLB position with the new lead employer for a fixed term corresponding with the remaining period of their original fixed term position.