8.7 Travelling Allowance (Instead of 5.2)
A teacher of Te Aho o Te Kura Pounamu required to travel within New Zealand on official business shall be paid, on application (whether by public transport, or with the prior approval of the Board, the use of the teacher’s own vehicle) a travelling allowance as follows:
- Accommodation - reimbursement of accommodation costs on an actual and reasonable basis.
- Meals - standard travelling allowance:
- For each full 24 hour period $56.97;
- For additional periods less than 24 hours but more than 10 hours $56.97;
- For additional periods up to 10 hours $24.80.
- Incidentals - incidentals allowance for each 24 hour period and additional part thereof spent travelling $7.36.
When the teacher leaves and returns to the teacher’s school on the same day, travelling allowance is not payable. Actual and reasonable expenses are payable instead and the incidentals allowance is not payable in these circumstances. For teachers staying privately while on official business, the travelling allowance, accommodation and meal rates as specified below shall apply:
- Accommodation allowance per night $33.37.
- For each 24 hour period $28.49;
- For additional periods less than 24 hours but more than 10 hours $28.49;
- For additional periods up to 10 hours $28.49.
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback