3.12 Grandparented Service Increment
- A permanent employee on 1 July 1992 who received a service increment shall maintain that entitlement at a rate of $1,641 per annum while the employee remains in a position covered by this Agreement.
- Teachers from area or secondary schools who were in receipt of a service increment under their appropriate Contract as at 10 September 1992 who then transfer to the primary service shall receive the primary service increment of $1,641 per annum.
- A short break in service (being less than six months) for any teacher in receipt of the service increment will not affect eligibility for the service increment.
- Approved paid leave and unpaid leave, parental leave, and leave for childcare purposes of less than five years will not affect eligibility for the service increment.
- Teachers who move from employment with one Board to another Board will continue their entitlement to the service increment unless there is a break in service of six months or more (other than a period of leave described in (d) above).
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback