Schools and ECE services will provide all appropriate equipment for all work environments their workers are likely to encounter in their work, and to appropriate design standards.
While these resources are generally for use by schools, early childhood education (ECE) services and kōhanga reo may find their content useful. These have been marked with an asterisk*. These resources have been developed through the Sector Reference Group and NZSTA.
Our factsheets have been written for schools, ECEs and kōhanga reo to use
Equipment and plant (part 1): Definition of plant, the PCBU's (Person Conducting a Business or Undertaking) duties in relation to plant, and ensuring plant and its use is safe
Equipment and plant (part 2): Personal protective equipment and its use, and duties in respect to PPE
- Boiler-based heating systems
- Electrical equipment testing*
- School incinerators
- Playground equipment and surfacing*
- Code of Practice for School Exempt Laboratories
- Septic tanks on school sites
- Waste management in schools
- Bicycle/fitness tracks at their school
Tools and Resources
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback