Advice on the International Education Strategy: information release
The Minister of Education launched the International Education Strategy on 9 August at the New Zealand International Education Conference in Wellington.
The Strategy aims to create an environment where international education can thrive and provide economic, social and cultural benefits for all New Zealand.
This Strategy has been co-developed by the Ministry of Education and Education New Zealand, in partnership with other government agencies with an interest in international education (MBIE, NZQA, TEC, MFAT, ERO) and in consultation with the international education sector and students.
The Strategy has been the subject of significant advice over the period from January to August. This advice is being proactively released now as it is no longer under active consideration by the Government.
- 1116728 Briefing Note Draft International Education Strategy (including annex) 29 March 2018 [PDF, 884 KB]
- ENZ 1718-160 METIS 1117557 Annotated Agenda International Education Ministers meeting 9 April 2018 [PDF, 2.8 MB]
- ENZ 1718-054 METIS 1120884 Briefing Note Draft International Education Strategy – proposed consultation 2 May 2018 [PDF, 2.3 MB]
- ENZ 1718-145 METIS 1129012 Briefing Note Consultation on draft International Education Strategy 28 May 2018 [PDF, 1.8 MB]
- 1132910 Briefing Note International Education Stakeholder Group meeting 28 June [PDF, 688 KB]
- METIS 1133167 Briefing Note International Education Strategy and Cabinet paper 3 July 2018 [PDF, 4 MB]
- 1133167(2) Briefing Note Ministerial and agency consultation on International Education Strategy and Cabinet paper 20 July 2018 [PDF, 5.5 MB]
- ENZ 1718-054 METIS 1139066 Aide Memoire International Education Strategy – Cabinet Economic Development, Science and Innovation Committee 27 July 2018 [PDF, 558 KB]
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback