Residential Special Schools information release 2016
On 16 June 2016 the Minister of Education initiated consultation about the proposed closure of Salisbury School in Nelson.
The consultation about the closure proposal ends on 12 August 2016.
Documents and links
The documents and links below provide information and background to the proposals for these schools.
- Initiating consultation about the possible closure of Salisbury School and the co-educational application for Halswell Residential College [PDF, 4.4 MB]
- Update on the three residential special schools: Halswell, Westbridge and Salisbury [PDF, 8.7 MB]
- Issues of roll decline and demand at Salisbury School (Nelson) [PDF, 2.1 MB]
- Residential Special Schools information release 2012
Deletions have been made under the following sections of the Official Information Act 1982
- section 9(2)(a) to protect the privacy of individuals.
- section 9(2)(f)(iv) to maintain constitutional conventions which protect the confidentiality of advice tendered by Ministers of the Crown and officials
- section 9(2)(g)(i) to maintain the effective conduct of public affairs through the free and frank expression of opinions.
For further information please contact us at email@example.com
Media queries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback