New Zealand's Alert Levels are changing
At 12 noon on 12 August, Auckland moves to Alert Level 3 and the rest of New Zealand moves to Alert Level 2.
If you are in the Auckland region:
- Alert level 3 applies from midday on 12 August.
- The Auckland region is everything in the Auckland Council boundary – from Wellsford in the north to Pukekohe in the south.
- Schools and early learning services are open today and for the remainder of the week but only for children who need to attend – particularly children of parents and caregivers working in essential services.
- All children are encouraged to learn from home where possible, especially those at higher risk of severe illness from COVID-19.
- School hostels continue to operate for those boarders who are unable to safely return home.
If you are outside of the Auckland region:
- Alert Level 2 applies from midday on 12 August.
- At Alert Level 2 all students, children and staff can attend school and early learning services – unless they are unwell, then they should stay home.
- Children and staff who are at higher-risk of severe illness should take additional precautions when leaving home.
- School hostels continue to operate for those boarders who are unable to safely return home. See the Alert Level 2 guidance for hostels for more information.
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback