Schools and early learning services should empower their workers to follow and lead effective health and safety practices.
Our factsheets have been written for schools, ECE services and kōhanga reo to use.
Professional development [PDF, 136 KB]: Health and safety training requirements and the PCBU's (Person Conducting a Business or Undertaking) duties.
Tools and resources for schools
- Example policy/procedure: Induction, training and information
- Tool 22: Information and training checklist - Word version [DOCX, 18 KB]
- Tool 23: Induction checklist - Word version [DOCX, 19 KB]
- Tool 24: Worker’s health and safety training plan and record - Word version [DOCX, 16 KB].
These resources have been developed through the Sector Reference Group and NZSTA.
Tools for early learning services
- Tool 8 - Worker training and information checklist [PDF, 48 KB]
- Tool 9 - Worker health and safety training plan and record template [DOCX, 13 KB].
- WorkSafe Guidance: Health and Safety Training (external link)
- The NZSTA website has additional information about professional development (external link)
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback