Crown entity monitoring
We monitor 3 Crown entities on behalf of the Minister of Education: Education New Zealand, the New Zealand Qualifications Authority, and the Tertiary Education Commission.
We monitor three Crown entities on behalf of the Minister of Education.
- Education New Zealand (ENZ)
- New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA)
- Tertiary Education Commission (TEC).
The monitoring role is mandated through the Crown Entities Act 2004. We are co-monitors with the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment for ENZ and TEC.
Our monitoring is based on a high-trust, no-surprises approach.
- We maintain good relations with Crown entities through active and open engagement about financial and non-financial performance, risks and challenges, sustainability, and Board appointments.
- We provide advice to the Minster of Education and Associate Minsters on quarterly entity performance, Board appointments, and statutory accountability documents. The reports are part of the regular information releases on our website
- Our advice is designed to provide assurance to Ministers and to support entity-driven continuous improvement. It is both retrospective and forward-looking, and is strengthened by sharing information with Crown entities.
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback