Find out about important updates to property policy, processes and systems.
You can also find news and updates in the Education Infrastructure Service newsletters.
Modular Buildings Bulletin
The first issue of the Modular Building Bulletin is now available. It describes our work to date and how we get modular buildings to schools. It also includes some great photos from a number of schools currently enjoying their new modular buildings.
Project management - School-led Project Form
On 13 April the School-led Project Form was updated with the following changes:
- Fixed data transfers between sheets
- Added notes to selected fields
- Added a signature area to the first tab
- Added checklist items (copies of invoices and city council copies) to the Certification (Attached) section in the Occupancy Use Certificate
- Removed the procurement certificate, and other procurement components (these are in the Procurement Plan and Recommendation Report)
- Increased space for recording invoices
- Changed wording for clarity
- Some formatting changes for aesthetics
If you're already using the older version, you can continue to do so if that is more convenient than switching to the new version. However, we recommend you use the latest version for your next project.
You can download the form from:
Project management - Asset Update Form
On April 12 the Asset Update form was updated with the following changes:
- Added missing fields for recording boiler, lift and hoist financial data.
- Added page notes for clarity.
- Added m2 on zone areas.
- Clarified terms and points in the guide.
Download the new version from:
Breakdown information (the Kone 0800 number and response times) has been added to the lifts page.
Drinking water quality
Information for schools who supply their own drinking water has been updated, with a focus on how to maintain a safe water system.
There are now separate pages for 'town supply' schools, and 'self-supplying' schools.
Procurement for contract works - templates and guides revised
Templates and guides for procuring contract works have been revised.
Download them here: Contract works: Templates and guides.
The revised documents are:
- Contract Works Procurement Plan (Full) (for open tender)
- Contract Works Procurement Plan (Short) (for closed tender/direct source)
- Contract works Registration of Interest
- Contract Works Request for Tenders
- Contract Works Request for Quotes
- Contract Works RFQ Lite (optional for under $50k)
- Contract Works Schedule of Prices
- Contract Works Price Analysis Workbook
- Open Tender Evaluation Workbook
- Procurement Quick Guide
- Conflict of Interest and Confidentiality Agreement
- Exemption Request
- Procurement Recommendation Report
- Preferred/Short-listed Respondent Letter
- Unsuccessful Respondent Letters
- New: Request for Tenders (RFT) for Contract Works (in addition to the Request for Proposals (RFP) for Professional Services)
- Evaluation Criteria weightings for Professional Services RFP have been changed to:
- Proposed Solution: 10%
- Capability: 45%
- Capacity: 5%
- Price: 40%
- Capability: 80%
- Capacity: 20%
- the latest Ministry Construction Works Contracts
- Contract Works Price Schedule and Contract Works Price Analysis Workbook
- the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 (see below)
Health and safety requirements in contract works templates (ROI, RFT and RFQ) now reflect the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015.
- To meet the Required Solution criteria, the contractor must:
- operate a documented health and safety policy and health and safety system that align with AS/NZS 4801:2001 and/or the requirements set out at Property projects: contractor health and safety.
- have a Site Specific Safety Plan (SSSP) for that is comparable to or aligns with the SSSP at: Property projects: contractor health and safety.
- be accreditated, or
- demonstrate that they operate a documented health and safety system of a standard comparable to that required to meet accreditation to one of the following:
- AS/NZS 4801:2001 (Occupation Health and Safety Management Systems)
- Accident Compensation Corporation’s Workplace Safety Discount (less than 10 employees)
- Accident Compensation Corporation’s Workplace Safety Management Practices (more than 10 employees).
Professional services procurement templates and guides (and the remaining contract works ones) are currently being revised and will be released shortly.
For enquiries about health and safety: Eis.email@example.com.
For enquiries about procurement templates: Dean.Hollis@education.govt.nz.
Project management - form updated
The School-led Project Form has been revised. Changes include: minor wording changes for clarification, repair and protection of the calculation function that produces the school name from the number entered, and the Invoice tabs have been re-ordered.
The editable PDF version of the form has been removed.
Property Portal - new content
You can now access Notional Lease information (as well as Property Maintenance Grant, and School Property Guide data).
Revised construction contracts
The weathertightness warranty in the Major Works and Medium Works contracts is now optional.
Toilet reference designs
Version 2.0 of the Toilet Reference Design Guide has been released. The updated version incorporates feedback on the earlier version, and considers the recent coroner's report.
Health and Safety Charter
Find out about the commitment the Education Infrastructure Service and their partners have to the health, safety and well-being of our workers and workplaces.
The Property portal is now live. On this site schools can access the Property Maintenance Grant and School Property Guide previously accessed via PMIS.
Project management forms
New project management forms have been added - Design Fees Release Form, Invoice Templates, and Ministry-led Project Forms.
Updated information about the Ministry's Property Information System (PMIS), and how to access up-to-date school property data.
Project management forms
Project management forms have been replaced, including an Interim Asset Update Form.
Following feedback after their release in October, we've made some changes to the Construction Works Templates.
Read about the changes, and download the updated templates and guidance:
Health and safety
The Health and safety management page has been reorganised so related topics are grouped together. There is also new information about health and safety for contractors working on property projects.
Construction rates have been updated, and the new rates are to be used for projects approved after 1 December 2016
New asbestos risk management checklist
A checklist has been added to the asbestos management page to help contractors be sure they are following all the steps for safe asbestos risk management.
Updated templates and guidelines for construction contracts.
New templates must be used from 17 October 2016.
Designing Quality Learning Spaces - Acoustics
A substantial update on the 2007 guide. It will become mandatory for all projects starting from 1 January 2017.
Read about key changes and download the PDF:
Reference Design - ugrading Nelson two storey blocks to flexible learning spaces
Each reference design package contains a general briefing document for Boards of Trustees, supported with three appendices of technical information, including:
- an architectural scope and design plans with layout options and enhancements
- a structural scope including structural calculations, design features report, accessibility report, and fire report; and
- an estimated cost analysis.
Read more and download all the reference design packages:
- Reference Designs for Standard Classroom Block Upgrade (Nelson info is at the bottom of the page)
Reference Design - Toilets
New information includes:
- written guidelines
- example drawing layouts for design teams to use when planning to build new (or upgrade existing) toilet facilities
Read more and download the guide:
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback