Across schools teacher
The purpose of the across schools teacher role is to support improvement in student achievement and well-being by strengthening teaching and leadership practices.
This role allows teachers to use their skills and knowledge in new ways across their Community of Learning | Kāhui Ako. Teachers learn with and from their colleagues in cycles of inquiry and improvement. Teachers are also given time and support to develop and encourage the sharing of effective practices that improve educational achievement.
Students will benefit from the professional collaboration as teachers share knowledge, skills and practices from across the Community of Learning.
Allowances and allocation
It is up to the leadership of a Community of Learning to determine how the across schools teacher role is shared among the members.
We provide the employing board with:
- 0.40 FTTE release time. This will appear on the school’s staffing entitlement notice.
- Between 85% and 140% of a rate 1 travel grant and a $750 per year induction and networking allowance are paid as part of the operations grant.
Allowances are made on a pro-rata basis if an appointee is in a role for less than one year.
Prerequisites for the role
Applicants for the across schools teacher role will have:
- employment as a teacher in the Community of Learning
- a current practising certificate
- recent educational leadership experience relevant to the role
- met professional standards relevant to their current position.
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback