Te whatu pōkeka (English)
This resource aims to stimulate debate and to encourage people to share their experiences and views on the ideas, suggestions, and practices within it. It is hoped that kaupapa Māori early childhood services will then be able to validate, share, and build on the values, philosophies, and practices related to assessment based on kaupapa Māori.
Licensing Criteria Cover
- Durie, M. (2003). Ngā Kāhui Pou: Launching Māori Futures. Wellington: Huia Publishers.
- Hemara, W. (2000). Māori Pedagogies: A Review from the Literature. Wellington: NZCER.
- King, M., ed. (1975). Te Ao Hurihuri. Wellington: Hicks Smith.
- Macfarlane, A. H. (2004). “The Value of Māori Ecologies in the Study of Human Development”. In Human Development in Aotearoa – A Journey through Life (2nd ed.), ed. W. Drewery and L. Bird, pp. 38–42. Auckland: McGraw-Hill.
- Metge, J. (1984). Learning and Teaching: He Tikanga Māori. Research Paper. Wellington: Department of Education.
- Ministry of Education (1996). Te Whāriki: He Whāriki Mātauranga mō ngā Mokopuna o Aotearoa/Early Childhood Curriculum. Wellington: Learning Media.
- Ministry of Education (1998). Quality in Action: Te Mahi Whai Hua: Implementing the Revised Statement of Desirable Objectives and Practices in New Zealand Early Childhood Services. Wellington: Learning Media.
- Moko Mead, H. (2003). Tikanga Māori: Living by Māori Values. Wellington: Huia Publishers.
- Pere, R. (1997). Ako: Concepts and Learning in the Māori Tradition. Wellington: Te Kōhanga Reo National Trust.
- Pere, R. (2000). “Different Ways of Knowing”. In Building the Research Capacity within Māori Communities, ed. V. Tapine. Wellington: NZCER.
- Rameka, L. (2007) Māori Approaches to Assessment In Canadian Journal of Native Education: Indigenous Approaches to Early Childhood Care and Education. Vol 30 p126-144
- Rewi, P. (2004). “Ko te Waihanga me ngā Wehewehenga o te Whaikōrero: The Structural System of Whaikōrero and Its Components”. Whaikōrero – Junctures. Structural System of Whaikorero (Otago University website) retrieved 10 May 2007.