ECE Funding Handbook
Welcome to the Early Childhood Funding Handbook. This Funding Handbook is issued under section 311(5) of the Education Act 1989. The funding paid to licensed services is paid subject to the terms and conditions set out under this Handbook and must be complied with. The terms used in this Handbook are based in the Education (Early Childhood Services) Regulations 2008.
This Handbook is designed to be a ‘one-stop-shop’ for all you need to know about early childhood funding, including:
- the Early Childhood Education (ECE) Funding Subsidy
- 20 Hours Early Childhood Education (ECE)
- Equity Funding
- the Annual Top-Up for Isolated Services
Note: The information in the Funding Handbook does not apply to certificated playgroups. These services should contact their Ministry regional office for further information.
Licensing Criteria Cover
Chapter 7: Special Circumstances
The Ministry has made some exceptions to the funding rules to reflect services’ need for flexibility. In these cases the Ministry requires additional information to ensure that funding is delivered accurately.
This chapter explains how to ensure that funding continues when the need for flexibility arises.
In this chapter
This chapter contains the following topics:
- Funding for new services – 7-1
- Completing the RS3 Form – 7-2
- Estimating the proportion of Certificated Teacher Hours – 7-3
- Notional rolls – 7-4
- Emergency closure – 7-5
- Substitute days and hours – 7-6
- Absence rule exemptions – 7-7
- Transitional school visits – 7-8
- The EC20 Transitional Advance Form – 7-9