ECE Funding Handbook
Welcome to the Early Childhood Funding Handbook. This Funding Handbook is issued under section 311(5) of the Education Act 1989. The funding paid to licensed services is paid subject to the terms and conditions set out under this Handbook and must be complied with. The terms used in this Handbook are based in the Education (Early Childhood Services) Regulations 2008.
This Handbook is designed to be a ‘one-stop-shop’ for all you need to know about early childhood funding, including:
- the Early Childhood Education (ECE) Funding Subsidy
- 20 Hours Early Childhood Education (ECE)
- Equity Funding
- the Annual Top-Up for Isolated Services
Note: The information in the Funding Handbook does not apply to certificated playgroups. These services should contact their Ministry regional office for further information.
Licensing Criteria Cover
Chapter 8: Changing Your Service Details
It is important that the Ministry of Education has the most current contact and payment details for your service.
Three situations where out-of-date information may affect when or to whom your service’s funding is paid are:
- when your service’s bank account number has changed
- when your service has had a change of service provider (ownership)
- when your service will be closing.
In this chapter
This chapter contains the following topics: