Emergency payment scheme for casual staff
Updated in relation to COVID-19 pandemic on 10 March 2021. This information will be reviewed as required.
The emergency payment scheme was set up for day relief teachers and support staff who won’t receive any payment due to COVID-19 alert levels.
The emergency payment is not intended to fully compensate staff for anticipated earnings over this period, rather to provide some support during the pandemic.
Who to contact?
- Questions around general employment advice, should be sent to the New Zealand Schools Trustees Association (NZSTA) at firstname.lastname@example.org or Freephone 0800 782 435 (option #2)
- Payroll information can be found on the Novopay website(external link)
- Questions about how the emergency payment is processed can be sent by authorised payroll administrators to email@example.com
- Questions about how schools will be funded for unexpected COVID-19 payroll costs can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Other questions, including those from employees and kaimahi without a school payroll administrator, can be emailed to email@example.com
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback