New Zealand Educational Institute Te Riu Roa
NZEI provides support in the areas of health and safety, human resources, Achievement Māori Education, leadership and legal. Schools must be members of NZEI to access this support
NZEI Te Riu Roa members work together to advance quality teaching and learning.
- Member Support Centre operates a five person helpline call centre providing members with immediate response to queries. They also refer on to other support eg. Principal Support Officers (PSOs) for principal support or NZSTA for employment matters.
- Principal Support Officers (PSOs) based in Auckland, Wellington, Hamilton and Christchurch provide support, advice and networking opportunities for primary and area school principals.
- Kai Takawaenga based in Auckland, Rotorua and Christchurch provide support for members who align with the Miro Māori strand of the union - Aronui Tomua and Te Reo Areare.
- Member Assist is informal pastoral support provided nationally by identified members in schools.
- Ring the 0800 number- 0800 693 493
- Go to the NZEI website (external link)
- Local branches and area councils – provide networking and collegial support
- Aronui Tomua – Miro Māori strand – providing networking and collegial support
- Komiti Pasifika – Pasifika branches providing networking and collegial support
- Principals Council – a national leadership providing a high level channel for principals’ issues and concerns
- Principals Reference Groups- local principal networks providing professional development, networking and collegial support
- Principal associations: NZPF, NZAIMS, Special Schools, Catholic Principals
- Te Akatea
- Area Schools Principals
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback