New Zealand School Trustees Association (NZSTA)
NZSTA provides support in these areas - health and safety, human resources, governance, leadership, finance, community, internal evaluation and whānau engagement and legal.
NZSTA supports school boards of trustees in their governance and employer roles. Schools do not have to be members of NZSTA to access the Advisory and Support Centre or specialist regional advice. Representational support is available to NZSTA members
- An 0800 Helpdesk is operated by Governance and Employment advisors who are experts in governance processes, board meeting processes, board elections, legislation, recruitment, performance management and health and safety.
- The Employer Role Toolkit includes an audit system that will identify opportunities for improvement and information on good practice.
- Professional Development and support programmes are designed to up skill boards in their governance and employment roles and are delivered free to board members via workshops, one on one, online self paced learning or hard copy. Professional development is delivered by approved professional development facilitators and tailored to meet individual school needs.
- Experienced Governance and Employment advisors can assist with governance and complex employment relations issues and employment agreements.
Ring the Advisory & Support Centre – phone 0800 782 435
- Press option 1 for Governance
- Press option 2 for Employment
- Press option 3 for Professional Development Advice
NZSTA Website (external link)
Go to Toolkit to find advice, resources, templates, online modules and contact details for your local advisor.
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback