This page outlines what to do to prepare for a major incident, such as an earthquake, and how to deal with the aftermath. You can also find updates about current incidents.
After a major or traumatic incident
Use this information to help you through the aftermath of a major incident, such as an earthquake.
- Checking your school property after a major incident
- Emergency response coordinators
- School Building Insurance Funding Programme
- Traumatic incident management support
Prepare for a major incident
Find out how to prepare for a major incident.
- Pandemic planning kit
- Preparing for and dealing with emergencies and traumatic incidents
- Civil defence emergency relief at schools
- What’s the plan Stan? (external link) (Civil Defence website) – a resource for teaching Civil Defence in schools
- Preschool resources (external link) (Get Thru website)
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback