Te Ahu o te Reo Māori ki Te Tonga
Te Ahu o te Reo Māori represents the Government's commitment to strengthen and grow an education workforce that can integrate te reo Māori into the learning of all ākonga in Aotearoa by 2025.
COVID 19 (novel coronavirus) changes to current delivery
There is a significant amount of work currently being done by our providers to develop online solutions for the continued delivery of Te Ahu o te Reo Māori. We are working towards re-commencing delivery from mid-May. In the meantime we ask for your patience, but rest assured, your participation is valued. Our providers will reconnect with you shortly to continue your te reo Māori journey.
- Delivered by Kāuru Education Group based in Ōtaki.
- Delivers Taumata/Level 1 and Taumata/Level 2 of Ngā Taumata o Te Ahu o te Reo Māori to schools and early learning services from Bulls through to Wellington.
- Started on March 2 and ends June 21.
- Queries regarding funding contributions for teacher relief, contact email@example.com
Kāuru Group will use a mixed mode approach including:
- Orientation day
- weekly classes
- noho wānanga (weekend learning experiences), and
- self-directed and online learning.
The five strands of Ngā Taumata o Te Ahu o te Reo Māori will be integrated across the learning programme. Tikanga Māori will also be a key element of course delivery.
There will be a strong focus on ‘learning how to learn’ so that the best teaching and learning practices are showcased allowing models of practise from a Māori paradigm to be used in classes.
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback